Hello, everyone! Welcome to my blog.
☺
You may know my name, age, family,
story, medical conditions, etc. because of our website or having seen me on TV,
so I won’t go into all of those details. (If you’d like to know my family’s
full journey/story, you can read our story here or
check out my momma’s book, Welcome Home: Our Family’s Journey to Extreme Joy.)
First let me say, thanks for reading
my blog! I know that life is busy and things often times get crazy. So, thanks
for taking the time to sit and read this. I hope you are as blessed as I am by
it!
I’ve always had a strong passion for
purity, and—living in a
society that considers holiness
as a “church thing” and waiting for your future spouse as “stupid, unrealistic
and an unreachable goal”—I’ve always wanted to reach out to people on the
subject, be it tweens, teens, young adults or adults.
So, as you may have guessed, this
blog is the result of those many days/months/years of prayers, conviction and study.
First off, I’ll go ahead and point
out that I am far from perfect (and I do mean far) and don’t have all the
answers. In my eighteen years, I’ve come to realize that life doesn’t have a Fix
It: One, Two, Three pamphlet (though, honestly, I wish there was!). We have God’s Word, but we often fail at
following its directions. Life is hard. But God is good. And because life is
hard, we can learn and grow.
I’ve actually been putting off
starting this blog for some time, thinking that I don’t know enough and might
get too opinionated (as I often do.)
But then I realized: no one is
perfect. No one has all the answers (except God). Everyone’s gonna mess up at
some point. I know I do… quite often!
I love God’s Word, and I love
studying it. I believe that God’s Word is our ultimate guidebook, love letter,
comfort, example giver and… well, truth. I believe that it is the holy and inspired word of God.
Though I’m stubborn and can be
overly opinionated at times, I try to base all of my thoughts/opinions on God’s
Word. Granted, I don’t always get things right or get the whole picture right
away. I’m young and still just beginning this journey of choices and path of following our
Lord and Savior, though I’ve known Jesus as my Lord and Savior for thirteen
years; almost all of my life.
So, in short: I’m going to mess up.
But, in the long run, I guess that’s good. We can’t have all the answers all at
once, right? Can you imagine how overwhelming that would be? I see my
journeys/mistakes/lessons as God using a seed; He plants it, then slowly makes
it grow so that I can fully see and understand His glory and grace—step
by step.
As Henry D. Thoreau said,
“Though I do not believe that a plant
will spring up where no seed has been planted, I have great faith in a seed.
Convince me that you have a seed there, and I am prepared to expect wonders.”
Thus said, I truly am prepared to
expect wonders with this blog. Not because of myself, my opinions or my
writing, but because of God’s unwavering truth and grace. It’s because of truth
that I can be sure of His great love, it’s because of freedom that I can bask
in His love, and it’s because of grace that I can mess up seventy times seven
times, and be forgiven for every single one of them—Thus, learning from my
mistakes and learning how to escape those temptations the next time around.
I do believe that growth with the
Lord requires a lot of hard work, tears, and—yes—days of utter failure. If we could do everything
ourselves, then we wouldn’t ever need or learn to rely on the Lord. “Gardening requires a lot of water—most of it
in the form of perspiration.” (Lou Erikson)
The truly awesome thing is that God
has called us, and He has called me. I wish to answer His calling to “Be holy, for I am holy” (1 Peter
1:16) And I hope you will too. He has “called
us with a holy calling” (2 Timothy 1:9). Let’s answer the call!
Well, first off, when someone talks
about pure, holiness or purity, most of the time people think: virgin/pure in
body. While I am a firm believer purity of body is a very big part of keeping
ourselves pure, I also believe that purity of body is not the only facet of
purity. I think that purity is like a gem, and that it has a million different facets, meanings, and
applications.
This blog will focus on purity in
its most specific and broad sense. Not that I’ll start talking about “pure
chickens” or “how to keep pure while eating a peanut,” but simply purity in
life as Jesus showed us. ☺ For example: purity
in speech, pure waiting, purity of mind, pure modesty, purity of clothing,
keeping our bodies pure—in both the “sexual sense” and “healthy
sense”—purity of attitudes, pure
friendships, pure thinking, etc.
Again, I don’t have all the answers.
This is going to be a journey for all of us, and I hope that you will bear with
me as we travel along!
But don’t just take my word for it.
Study for yourself. I’m sharing what the Lord is showing me. What is He showing
you? If you have a comment or something/Scripture to share, please do share it!
All that said… let’s turn the next
page and start on a new adventure—a new journey. I’m so totally ready to see
what the Lord does through this… ☺
Thanks for starting this journey with me. I’m superbly prepared to expect wonders.
“We are all unfinished, a long way
from what we ought to be, but if we can look at ourselves and one another from
God’s point of view, we’ll know where we ought to be going and in which
direction a relationship should move.”
–Elisabeth Elliot, Let Me Be A Woman
“But I do not consider my life of
any account as dear to myself, so that I may finish my course and the ministry
which I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify solemnly of the gospel of the
grace of God.”
–Acts 20:24 (NASB)
Blessings!
Kayla R. Woodhouse ☺
No comments:
Post a Comment